Five amazing home remedies for treating seborrheic dermatitis on scalp
Dealing with seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp can be incredibly frustrating as it takes a significant amount of time and a combination of treatments to get rid of. If you can identify with this situation, then your first step should be consulting a dermatologist. Getting a professional opinion will help you understand your condition and treatment options better. Apart from medical intervention, here are some home remedies for alleviating the distress caused by seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp.
- Work on your immunity Your daily habits widely influence your body’s immune system. Lack of sleep, minimum physical movement, stress, etc. can weaken its ability to fight off infections and diseases. So make it a point to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep, some exercise and de-stress regularly. Such persistent effort will make your body more active and eventually your immunity stronger.
- Treat dandruff The most visible indicator of seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp is excessive dandruff. It can be caused due to a myriad of reasons. Therefore manage your itchy scalp by using OTC anti-dandruff shampoos and hydrating masks consisting of essential oils such as lavender, cedarwood, lemongrass, tea tree, rosemary, etc. However, while using solutions like tea tree oil ensure that you dilute it with coconut oil.
- Dietary changes When the inflammation levels in the body rise they can activate several health conditions. And seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp too is a consequence of this circumstance. So, it is advised to adopt an anti-inflammatory diet which doesn’t contain triggers such as refined sugars, processed foods, fried foods, types of allergens, etc. Instead, concentrate your diet regime with fresh fruits, vegetables, whole-grain or multi-grain products, probiotics, herbal teas, foods consisting of healthy fats, etc.
- Increase your fluid intake Make sure that you drink a lot of water to keep your skin moisturized. Avoid dehydrating liquids such as alcohol, caffeine, or sodas which can worsen seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. Replace them with coconut water, fresh fruit juices, smoothies, herbal teas, etc.
- Ditch the chemicals Products consisting chemicals such as shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, serums, etc. can often aggravate the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. Therefore use products that are organic or are formulated without elements such as parabens, sodium laureth or sodium sulfate.
Before implementing any home remedies for seborrheic dermatitis on scalp ensure to have a word with your doctor. Also if you have experienced any form of reaction by using products like essential oils then refrain from using them again.